Wednesday, December 14, 2011

time with grandpa marks

this is late because he actually spent time with my dad in october but i'm just getting around to posting it.  my dad means the world to me and what means more is that he's still around to experience my son.  he's 77 this month and i feel so fortunate that he's still here.  i always worried that he'd be gone before i had kids but i lucked out.  he still lives in the bay area but comes down to visit my brother and i every few months.  there are so many things we learned from my dad and i try so hard to pass those on to jake.  sometimes i have to be careful that i don't impose those same ways on my husband because he has his own way but it's hard not feel that we were raised so well and i want to repeat it with my son.  jake will be so lucky to get even just some of the wisdom and knowledge my dad has. 



jake loves grandpa's beard





thought i'd throw in one of me and hubby.
thanks to my bro for the entirely too close, close-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment