Wednesday, January 11, 2012

road trip...

the week before christmas, we took a road trip up north to see my dad.  every year for the past 3 years, he's marked his birthday with a 13 mile walk from his home in fremont to his barber shop in menlo park.  we carpooled up with jason, mita and the kids, spent time with dad, visited family and hit san francisco for a day.  matt hadn't been since he was a kid so it was really nice for him.  jake did great on the 5 1/2 hour drive, mostly because he had the kids to entertain him.  i'm proud that both jake and matt walked with my dad, along with my bro and his family.  my dad is such and inspiration to my brother and i.  he has lived his life in such a way that screams nothing but success.  what a wonderful few days!


fisherman's wharf...about to tear up some clam chowder and shrimp

bundled up for the walk...must have been 40 degrees

dad with all of his lb grandkids


dad and his sister, aunt dorothy



end of the road...where's matt and jake?  lol.



happy 77th birthday dad!

1 comment:

  1. girl, i love this whole post! i've been off my posting b'cuz our computer is dead :( i tried to blog from my phone w/no luck. Great job! i feel naked not blogging!

    ReplyDelete