Wednesday, August 10, 2011

dear jake...

i'm sitting here thinking about you while you sleep.  i love you more than i knew was possible.  you're always smiling, laughing and doing silly things to grab daddy's and my attention.  the sound of your laugh makes daddy and i do WHATEVER it takes to keep hearing it.  we love to be with you!  tonight when i put you down to sleep, after we read thomas the train, you handed me your sippy cup, turned on your side, grabbed my neck and pulled it close to touch your cheek.  every time i pulled back to give you air, you pulled it close again.  i wish you knew how much that means to me.  you love to be with me as much as i do you! you're growing up so fast and i don't want you to.  i have so many hopes and dreams for you but most of all i just want you to feel loved, secure and happy every day of your life.  thanks for making me wake up every day with a smile on my face because i'm your mommy and you're the best son i could ever have.
that's all.

2 comments:

  1. OMG thanks for bringing tears to my eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( the first of many. i get so emotional when i stop and think of how time flies.

    ReplyDelete